Sunday, August 19, 2012

AM I ACTUALLY GETTING BETTER?

Today at tennis, our group has expanded into six players.  We played singles, threesies and doubles, so I feel I got a really good workout.  In fact, those of us who came on time and were the last to leave really got our time in for exercise.  I played for three hours. 

There was a nice breeze and the temperature came down to a decent playing condition, so maybe that had a lot to do with it. 

We are all starting to play much better.  I'm starting to feel what I used to feel playing thirty years ago.  More of a rhythm, placing my ball where I want it to go, more than not, and a more consistent serve.

We had a lot of exciting matches which were pretty close in scoring and that infamous deuce came up a lot more since we're all getting used to playing one another.

I can't wait for next week.

No comments: