Saturday, August 11, 2012

HOT, HOT, HOT

Today, the temperature rose to the top of my outside thermometer.  It couldn't go any higher.  That was 130 degrees. 

When I left my apartment this morning at 8:00, I could feel the heat already, but I walked/ran over an hour for a little over 4 miles.  When I got back to my apartment, I felt really weak.  I even felt weak while I was in my running part of my walk.  I have a system when I run.  I only run in the shade from the trees.  I try to run at least one minute and sometimes I have run around two minutes plus without stopping.  I'm getting better at running continuously for over a minute, but I still feel exhausted after that.

When I got back home after my run, I made a smoothie from coconut milk, mango, banana and pineapple.  Everything was fresh and pure.  I added some ice because it was a bit thick.  I also put some protein powder and those small seeds which are ground and supposed to be good in Vitamin E, the same as salmon gives you.  It hit the spot, but still got really tired and took a nap since I got up at 5:00 AM.  I have to do something about getting some kind of thermal/light protection on my bedroom window.  Even with the blinds closed, it still is quite light in my bedroom and I believe that's why I'm up at 5:00 AM.

I probably won't go to play tennis tomorrow because the weather people are predicting another scorcher and the air quality isn't supposed to be that great either.  It will be very hot on the courts in the scorching sun, I'm sure.  Maybe I'll plan on going very early for another walk/run and then doing my laundry, or maybe I'll just do my laundry.  Hooray for Sundays!

No comments: