Saturday, October 1, 2011

WELL, WOULDN'T YOU JUST KNOW IT

Yesterday I got my new converter box for my analog TV to make it into a digital TV. After fooling around with it for two hours to try to program it like it said in the instructions, it failed to comply. So I called Comcast, very frustrated, I must add.

The nice man, with an Indian accent, directed me in various ways to try to get the TV programmed. He even tried to do it over the phone directly by going into my cable line. It just would not convert. So after about almost another hour, the nice man on the phone set up an appointment for a technician to come out to my home to get it to try to work.

I must say though, that I was expecting a large box in the mail which would contain the converter. The box delivered was a little larger than a shoe box. Inside, the converter box was only 4" X 4" . How nice not to have another large box sitting next to my TV. However, the box has three cords coming out of it though. I wish it were wireless, or better yet, that Comcast, in some way, could have converted my TV right over their own cable lines automatically instead of having me, and I'm sure, many other customers, go through all of this grief.

One good outcome to all of this is that I will be able to get a credit on my cable bill for almost a week's service that I am not getting.

So I will continue to clean and straighten up my house, listen to e-books on my computer as well as other things I've been wanting to experiment with on my computer, which includes doing some experiments with Photoshop.

No comments: