Friday, September 9, 2011

WEIGHT OFF MY BACK

Some more crying from the daughter last night about 1:00. With all their doors and windows open she woke me up with an ooh, ooh, which sounded like her mother's last breath noise. I thought maybe I was dreaming, but no she woke me up again. After about 20 minutes, that stopped and finally I went back to sleep.

They've been packing this dead person's apartment up for three days now. How much crap did she have anyways? I know she had a lot of chat skis, enough to make you try and dodge all of her displays of small glass figurines while trying to make your way through her apartment.

Yesterday I called the main corporate offices of these apartments. The lady there didn't know if the next person who would move in down below me was a smoker. I talked again with our on site manager this morning and said there was a lady who she interviewed and was next in line on the list, but she didn't know if she smoked. I just got an e-mail from the manager here and she said she did not smoke. I guess I dodged a bullet.

On my walk this morning, I took a route off the bike/hike path, up a windy road. I saw some almost new senior apartments. I walked in and they had vacancies. The one bedrooms which were twice my rent were small, very small. The two bedrooms were a nice size but more pricey.
The thing about these apartments were old people again with walkers, hunched over, sickly seniors. No, no, no, no. I can't do this again. Living with the dead and paying more for a smaller apartment besides, even though the apartments are only ten years old.

These apartments also had the telltale signs of old people. On these beautiful walls which had crown moldings on the corners and ceilings, they had glued to the walls picture puzzles. They weren't framed, just glued. How childish (old people going back to their childhood.)

Since I know now that there will be someone down below me living without smoking, I believe I'm stuck here until my house sells or I'm able to find somewhere where there are no old people living.

No comments: