Sunday, January 9, 2011

CROCK-POT ARTICHOKES - A CROCK

I made the Crock-Pot artichoke recipe yesterday. Although the recipe sounded really good and different with wine, garlic salt, olive oil, garlic and lemon, cooking the artichokes for so long (4 hours) just watered down the full flavor of the artichokes and the artichokes weren't really cooked fully. After eating almost one of them, I put them in the microwave and zapped them for five minutes. They were done then and then I microwaved butter to dunk them in. That is the way I usually make them anyways. Although the flavor of the artichokes was still barely there, I made the best of it all.

I'm getting to get the gist of this Crock-Pot cooking. Delicate tasting and delicate foods should not be in a Crock-Pot. They just get the flavor cooked out of them.

No comments: