Monday, August 23, 2010

ADOBE CHILE AND BEANS SUCCESS

I made the adobe chile and beans recipe with a few alterations of my own. Since I didn't have the green onions, I replaced them with regular onions. I don't particularly care for black beans, so I substituted them with kidney beans. I didn't have tomatoe juice so I substituted tomato sauce. They called for cilantro for a sprinkling at the end, but I didn't have any so I left it out. How did it turn out anyways, you ask? Greeeeeaaaaaat! I plan to make it again. Maybe I'll put some chicken in it next time. Maybe I'll venture to put the black beans in it since you can't taste them anyways. The corn in the recipe gave it a bit of sweetness. What great combinations you can do with this adobe chile. I didn't use my soft, corn tortillas, but maybe when I add the chicken, I can roll the recipe into the tortillas at that time and maybe add some cheese. How creative can you get while cooking?

No comments: