Thursday, August 14, 2014

EUREKA! I BELIEVE I'VE FOUND THE RIGHT ONE!

I've attended the quilting group that meets at a lady's house nearby.  So far, she and the other ladies attending have been nothing but nice, helpful and encouraging.  You don't have to do a quilt, but you can do anything you wish, embroidery, painting on material, applique or any creative process you wish to discover.  There are about 15 ladies in this group, but so far the most who have attended are about seven.  Luckily, because the large dining table we all meet around and some putting their sewing machines on it would be a bit too much.  She does have another room with a large fold out table, if needed, but so far, so good. 

We can all congregate around her table, talk about happy things mostly.  Of course, there are a few ladies who very seldom talk about illnesses of theirs or other people, to be understandable, but not where that's all they talk about.  Sewing, stitches, peoples' jobs (one lady is a realtor and is keeping an ear out for anything I can go to look at) and upcoming events relating to sewing, quilting, etc..  Next week at the Crocker Museum in Sacramento we'll be carpooling to the quilt viewing.  I don't believe this is a workshop/vendor type of quilting event, but it seems to be a very interesting  venue to attend.  I've been wanting to go to the Crocker and now I have my chance.  After the museum we plan on all going to lunch nearby.  I'm really looking forward to it all.

The lady who holds these meetings at her home is very very a perfectionist.  Her whole house practically is filled with all kinds of projects done and in process.  From a mid arm quilting machine, sewing machine, boxes and boxes of supplies, cutting table and ironing table, she could set up a school. 

She is helping a lady who knows nothing about quilting and if that lady is two stitches off, she tells her to rip out the stitches and do them again.  Ugh.  Anyways, this is a good thing for the lady learning.  She is showing her exactly how to get her points together.  Although I heard the lady learning saying that she'll pull out some stitches that don't line up exactly and the lady teaching her said no, she didn't have to.  I felt reassured she wasn't that much of an OCD person as I thought she was.

I'm still experimenting with my wonderful sewing machine, which the more I work on it the more I want an embroidery machine.  This morning I was e-mailed from Brother sewing machines new sewing and or embroidery machines were coming out.  I clicked on the new ones coming out.  My mouth watered at how much I want one of those machines.  Maybe I'll check out for curiosities sake how much they're selling for.  No less than $10K I'm sure. 

No comments: