Friday, April 11, 2014

TOO OLD TO LIVE ALONE

I finally met my new neighbor.  She's 86 years old, very frail, has a walker and in my opinion, too old to live alone.  Seeing her hobble around slowly on a walker in fear of falling, which has already happened and she fractured a hip, as well as not being able to fully take care of herself is sad.  Yes, she does have a cat and does use one of those things over the toilet to help her sit down.  If it were my mother, this would not be the route I'd choose for her.  Either the daughter and son-in-law should have her live with them or put her in a facility that will care for her.  It's just a matter of time until that apartment will be vacant.  She's next to go in my building.  Her daughter and son-in-law shop for her, her daughter cleans a bit for her and she has a cleaning lady come twice a month to clean her apartment.  Now, is this how people should live here?  I don't know why they even let her live here.

Like I've said before, this place is supposed to be for people who can care for themselves, but I'd say 2/3 of the people here cannot.  I don't like seeing this.  I gotta get outta here.

No comments: