Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MY PURCHASE OF WACOM SPLASH PEN & TABLET

So, I just made the purchase of a Wacom Splash Pen and Tablet.  I did my research and found a really good deal as well as knowing I can purchase Corel Painter Lite in the future and still saving a bit of cash.  What I found out, is that the Wacom Splash comes with several programs of its own.  From the reviews, there wasn't one that had negative feedback from any of the sites where there were reviews.  So I believe I've made the right choice.

My last painting, using my finger on my computer's touch pad was the straw that broke the camel's back, because it made me really irritated because I know with a stylus, I could have made the flowers, leaves and branches much more non-childish/amateurish and shaky looking.  I do hope, however, the bundled programs have the kaleidoscope feature.  For some reason, not too much information on the programs that come with this tablet, but in the reviews, people just loved them.

I also believe I can use it with my Photoshop 11 Elements and my Microsoft Office programs some way.  We'll see. 

Although the actual working surface is only about 5" X 3", I've heard from professionals saying that's all you really need, at least to start off with, and then, according to the way you like to work, if you should decide you need a larger working area, go ahead and spend $200 on the next tablet up with a larger work area, I believe 8" X 5", which is not that much larger.

But for now, until my new toy arrives, I'll be using my finger on my touch pad and hope I don't offend anybody out there with my childish/shaky paintings.

I'm also hoping this will hook up some way with my little Paint program.  Still, such a neat little program I love and got me hooked into this whole clean, new, and fun way of painting.  No more setting up media, brushes, pencils, chalk, pens, papers, canvas, etc., etc. and having to clean it all up afterwards, since I don't have a room to keep things set up.  But I'm sure I'll miss the color and smell of the mediums, and the feel of the papers brushes, pencils, chalks and canvases.

The bad thing about this is if I want to print out anything on canvas, which I have sheets of that will fit in my printer, I can only go up to 8 1/2" X 11".  I happened to see in Walmart the other day they wanted $11.00 to print out a 5" X 7" canvas.  There are also specialty companies on line that are supposed to get really close to your colors and I bet they are very expensive.  OK if you're a pro, but for me, not so much.  Maybe some day!

No comments: