Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I CONQUERED THE HILL

After saying to myself I had to get back to the bike trail to conquer that hill, I did go back and I did indeed conquer it.  I didn't have to stop on the bike trail to stop to rest or walk up that hill.  I was ready for it and I downshifted right before I got to it.  About three quarters of the way up the hill I thought maybe I should stop, but no, I continued on with just a bit more effort.

Time:  33:06 Mins.
Calories:  159.08
Fat Calories:  11.0
Max. Speed:  15.2
Distance:  5.659 Mis.
Avg. Speed:  10.2

I did have a couple of mishaps though.  A guy had earphones in his ears and after calling out, "On your left," twice, he still didn't hear me and was on the wrong side of the bike path.  He didn't know what was going on around him.

Another incident is when a dog went right into my path as I was passing on the left after I had hollared out those imfamous words, "On the left."  Luckily, the owner of the dog pulled him back into her path just in time.

Yes, I do, now, prefer to ride the open roads much, much more than the bike paths.

No comments: