Sunday, September 2, 2012

COMING LATE

I guess it didn't bother me at first, but people coming in late to play tennis is getting to me.  We were playing a game and right in the middle of it, a player came late.  I realize these are casual games, but then we stopped our game and had to warm up with this person coming in late. 

I mentioned it to the organizer and the one who came late was standing right there.  I said it didn't bother me, but it did.  Even the organizer came late.  What the hay?

Am I being too structured?  The organizer, who came for the first time, in fact, talked too much.  In fact, everybody talked a bit too much for my liking while playing a game. 

One of the players, last week, had her cell phone in the pocket of her tennis shorts and just when a shot was coming towards both her and her partner, the cell phone rings in her pocket and her partner said, "I thought you were going to answer your phone."  Needless to say, they lost that point.

Again, what the hay?

Each week, I learn a bit about the people who play tennis.

One works in an insurance company, one works in the prison and in a psychiatric institution, one is retired but still works, one just moved here from upper New York state and so on and so on.

I'd like to check on the parks department up here to see if they have any tennis this season.  Just another day to play tennis and closer to home.

No comments: