Thursday, June 14, 2012

SENIOR TENNIS

Yesterday I went down to the park to check on the Senior Tennis the local Recreation & Parks Dept. said they had from 1:00 to 4:00 on Wednesdays which was stated on a sign on the tennis court gate.  When I called the department, they said they had no information on it and to just go down to the park and maybe meet up with some people.  I thought that the time this Senior group was supposed to show up was pretty close to the hottest time of the day, but it really wasn't that bad, although after about an hour and a quarter of playing, I had had it.

Well, I did that, but nobody from that particular group showed up.  However, two men showed up with a couple of kids.  I asked if they were with the Senior Tennis and they said no, but invited me to play with them.  We played a threesome game (I forgot the name of it) and we all had  pretty good time.  I was able to keep up with them and they mentioned I was pretty good, especially my two handed backhand.

1 comment:

Blue Shoe Farm said...

Over an hour of tennis is pretty good... that is a running workout!