Monday, July 19, 2010

MY WILDFLOWER HIKE AND VIEWING ON MEISS TRAIL WITH THE SIERRA CLUB

Well, I made it back from the hike safe and sound.  Genie, again, took me back and forth from the trailhead with no problems.  It took me about an hour and a half to get there on the curvy roads, but I took my time.

So I’ll begin by saying the group I was with was very friendly and I enjoyed the camaraderie we all shared on this wonderful viewing of the wildflowers.

Our fearless leader, Roger, was a very tall, light, handsome and very knowledgeable individual (he told me to describe him this way, (LOL) which is very true) who identified 103 species of flowers.  We had to divide our large group into two groups.  Lisa, another very knowledgeable person, took the second group.  From then on, it was a contest to see which group could find the most identifiable wildflowers.  My group, Roger’s group, found the most, but only by a few.

So let me begin my venture with photos I took along the way.  Remember, you can enlarge them with a click.

This is a map of where our trail was.

   2010 Jul 17 024copy

This is Roger, our leader, looking through a Discoverscope.  This little magnifier holds the tiniest of flowers and when you look through it, pointing it towards the sun, it gives a beautiful enlargement.  Some of the flowers we saw were no larger than a pinhead and Roger knew the names of them.

2010 Jul 17 034copy

Elephant Mountain on the way up the trail.

2010 Jul 17 043copy

We encountered this lizard along the way.

2010 Jul 17 044copy

No comments: