Tuesday, October 15, 2013

PUMPKINS, PUMPKINS EVERYWHERE

Is it just me or is the world becoming obsessed with pumpkins?

The old, senile, 80 year old lady who lives next door to me keeps bringing me small, pumpkin cake loaves.  I believe that's the only thing she knows how to make or she's so senile, she forgets the last thing she brought me was the same pumpkin loaf.  I know it's the thought that counts, but this is ridiculous. 

Then the other day, my other neighbor who lives on the other side of me brings me three pumpkin cupcakes with a frosting that was very sweet, but really good.  The cupcake was so light, it almost melted in my mouth. 

When I bake, I bake different things.  The last thing I made were oatmeal, raisin and nut cookies.  I put a lot of the raisins and nuts in them.  I gave a half dozen each to my neighbors.  I was thinking of making a pumpkin cheesecake around Thanksgiving as something different that I usually make, but after all of these pumpkin gifts, I believe I've changed my mind.  Even the chefs on TV think that making pumpkin soup is great.  Yuck!  No more pumpkin anything...please!

No comments: