Monday, July 29, 2013

MY CAT, PEACHES-MAY BE HIS LAST DAYS

Over the years, I have posted my cat's photos.  He's around 17 years old and I've had him for about 16 years.  He's a lap cat, very loving and well behaved.

The beginning of this year is when I started seeing him decline physically with loss of weight and a lump under his ear.  First with the growth under his left ear which I had removed.  I took him to the vet, and the vet took some tests and told me he had something going on inside him also.  Some readings were quite low.  That growth quickly came back.  Even after the first month when I felt it was safe enough to scratch him under that ear, I felt a small lump again.  It had returned, but with a vengeance.  It has grown larger, now the size of a golf ball and hard.  He's been eating, drinking and using his litter box the same way he always has, so I've just decided he was getting old with lumps to be expected.  But the last two days he's come up with some other things added on to the growing old syndrome, even though he's still eating, drinking and litter box regularities with no difference. 

His back legs once and a while give out and he loses his balance a bit.  He's still able to jump up on the couch and the bed OK.  He's not in pain, so that's a good thing.  I'm spoiling him rotten with giving him soft kitty food more often.  I just will watch him more closely and give him more attention, scratches, hugs, kisses and telling him I love him all the time. 

No comments: