Wednesday, November 23, 2011

BLOG, BLOG, BLOG, BLOG, BLOG

Since I’ve been blogging on this site for nearly four years, I decided to go back in time and read all of my blogs.  This is not an easy task.  It seems I read for hours and only got back to April, 2011.

In reviewing my blog, I must say, some of them were silly, some were interesting and, of course, the ones with the photos were my favorites.  Although the photos I post on this site come out less in quality than what is actually in my Photoshop, I can’t complain.

I can see the errors in spelling, typing, grammar and sentence structure, even though what my readers see is about the fourth time edited before I push that Publish button.

My ritual for writing is basically what I learned in my Creative Writing class in college.

  1. Sit in front of the computer and just write anything that comes into your mind.  Don’t even think about a particular subject, if you don’t have one.  Just type.  Don’t go back to correct spelling, sentence structure or anything else;
  2. Go back and revise your thoughts, organization and sentence structure;
  3. Use the spell checker;
  4. Read the final copy and revise anything you may see again and spell check again;
  5. Push the Publish button.

While I was undergoing all of my computer changes, some of my blogs got a bit mixed up.  Some of the photos got enlarged and, of course, that made my photos look blurred.  I was very unhappy about that.  I guess I could revise them back to their original size, but that just seemed too much work.  Since I use different editors, some of the size of my fonts are different.

There was an add on my blog at one time, not too long ago, that you could make a book out of your blog.  Come to find out, this would cost me hundreds of dollars because they go by the amount of pages you have on your blog.  I’ve thought of trying to print out all of my pages.  Can you do that?  I haven’t tried it, but I’m sure that would even be quite expensive, with all of the ink cartridges I’d have to purchase, the paper, and at least have it bound spirally.  Is it worth it?  I don’t know.

So if you, my readers, see any of these faux paus, just ignore them.  They just slipped between the cracks of my keyboard.  I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck.

No comments: