Sunday, October 30, 2011

SIERRA CLUB HIKE, PRESIDIO, SAN FRANCISCO, CA

Yesterday was another hike, this time with the Sierra Club.  We went to the Presidio.  If you don’t know what that is, join the club.

The Presidio is an area of San Francisco where we looked out for the enemy during World War II.  It’s a military area which is preserved for people to learn about what happened during that time in this area.

We also visited areas nearby, where the people of the busy city of San Franciso go to recreate.  We also visited the Disney Museum.  We just went in basically to get out of the heat, but in the reception area there were many, many placks, statues, certificates, etc. given to Walt Disney in his day.  The thing that impressed me the most were the Emmys which were lined up in a glass enclosure, along with some other memorabilia.  There must have been 50 of them.  Lined up gold statues.  This, to me, was the most memorable and touching thing I saw during this trip.  I just thought, “I’ve never seen a real Emmy in person, let alone knowing Walt Disney accepted all of them on TV with millions of people watching.”  It just gave me a chilling feeling.

I’ll try loading as many photos at a time that this editor will allow.  Please enlarge each photo to enjoy the full effect of each photo, besides, I was busy for ten hours editing them.

No comments: