Wednesday, June 22, 2011

CUTTING BACK...WAY BACK

As I had mentioned before, I've cut back and now cutting back further. I just learned that the government will be reducing our Social Security benefits. Is this legal? I worked 40 years for what I'm getting. They've even cut out my medical insurance. We have to pay for it now and it ain't cheap. When will this all go away? Probably not in my lifetime.

I've already cut out many favorites I used to buy at the supermarket such as many meats, cheeses, fruits, etc. unless they're on sale and on sale now means what they're worth at a regular price. It's the principle of the thing. I'm just so disappointed as to the remaining years I have to spend on this earth. It's supposed to be easier living, not scary and practically everything I've worked for slowly dwindling away. I'm not the only one, I know, and there are many more people worse off than me.

People are doing crazy things now just to get medical help. There was a man, probably around 60 years old, on TV last night who robbed a bank for $1.00 just so he could get medical help in jail. He had numerous things wrong with him, very serious things. He is now getting help.

Another young man, in his early 20s, about a year ago burned down a gigantic mall in Roseville, CA because he kept going to the government for mental problems he knew he had and suffering and trying to get help over and over again until he had to resort to burning down a mall and now he's in jail and will probably go to prison for a good part of his life. But at least he'll be getting medical help...what he wanted.

No comments: