Tuesday, September 14, 2010

UPDATE ON THE DOWNLOAD

A few days ago, I tried again to get the updated maps for Genie at the library.  The library has hi-speed connection, I made sure I had the right wires for Genie’s connection and electrical cord for my computer.   I had ordered Claudia Nice’s book which also had come in, so I’d kill two birds with one stone.

Again, it took a bit of time to find the maps which I started downloading, and after about 15 minutes of sitting there watching the computer swallow the download, it stopped with a weird noise and a message saying something of a severe error preventing the download to go any further.  So today I plan on calling their customer service and hopefully they have a solution to this problem.

I searched the new books section, large print first, and came across a book about a dog’s view working with his owner as a private detective duo.  I’ve read a few pages and it seems really interesting and different, considering most of the commentary is coming from a dog’s head.  A really cute idea.

I then went to the new, regular print books, non-fiction and found a book on stories and studies of African American quilters.  The photos on the covers were very interesting and thought I’d check this one out also.  There was also a book on quilting tips techniques and trade secrets I checked out, but believe I’ve checked out and even read years ago.  This library has too many old books, like ten years old.  I don’t know what it is up here, but down in Southern California had a much more varied subject matter and many more new books on the new section as well as the older section.

No comments: